Yoga has been one of the most influential workouts in the history of rejuvenating people’s bodies, minds, and souls. June 21 is celebrated as the ‘International Yoga Day’ every year. This Day is used to create awareness about the facts and effects of Yoga on the health of the people. In India Yoga is considered to be 5,000 years old mental, physical and spiritual practice.
Yoga is a primeval practice that brings Calmness, Confidence and Courage to make one lead their life in a better way.
On the occasion of International Yoga Day Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central organized Yoga Day for the overall well-being of the doctors, nurses and ward boys in helping to prepare them for future pandemics.
Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central doctors, nurses, and ward boys attending a yoga session on World International Yoga Day:
“Yoga is our ancient tradition. It manifests the unity of our mind and body, thought and action. On the World International Yoga Day we at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central have organised Yoga Day for the overall well-being of the doctors, nurses, ward boys and bracing them for future pandemics,” said Dr Parag Rindani, Rehional Head, Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central.
Wockhardt hospital supports these benefits of yoga. The benefits are both Physical as well as Mental Body.
General Benefits of Yoga Include:
- Increased flexibility in the body.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Assists in Weight reduction.
- Maintains a Cardio and circulatory health.
- Protection from injury and builds immunity
- Peaceful mind and destresses.
Yoga generally consists of asanas; asanas cab be defined as a physical Yoga posture or position that is designed to help master the body and enhance the body’s functions. Asana can be classified into the following categories:
- Meditative “asanas” that bring peace of mind
- Health-based asanas that are aimed to activate the digestive system, pancreas and endocrine glands
- Relaxation “asana” that help to fight fatigue and stress.
Watch Video Here: