Discovered in 1930s by the British physician, Dr. Edward Bach, it’s a system of 38 remedies prepared using the essence of 37 wildflowers/flowers of wild trees and shrubs and natural spring water. Considered to be a New Age complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) system, Bach Flower Remedies are non-toxic, non-addictive and gluten-free and spare mankind from the scourge of side effects and damages that are alleged to be caused by modern medicine. These remedies along with 4 million-plus possible combinations are being used currently in over 70 countries the world over. The remedies are safe and gentle and can be used on babies, expectant mothers, children, adults, aged people, pets, and even plants.
Despite their efficacy, Bach Flower remedies and the practice of Bach Flower therapy has relatively remained not so well known amongst common people. In some, acceptance is also an issue. Among other alternative therapies, Bach Flower therapy has its own essence and effectiveness to cure mental and physical alignments.
A study conducted in 2017: revealed 14% of India’s population suffered from mental health ailments, including 45.7 million suffering from depressive disorders and 49 million from anxiety disorders. This has further aggravated post-COVID 19 and threatens to become the next pandemic.
Mr Indroneil Mukerjee-A Certified Bach flower therapist and psychotherapist approved by IPHM, UK says-“I strongly recommended that Bach Flower therapy – the safest, simplest and most effective modality for addressing mental health challenges – be brought under the umbrella of Ayush and its practice regulated under a national council. The Ayush centres of excellence should definitely include Bach Flower therapy – a therapy that requires least involvement of any material or person in the healing process, works on the Manomaya (the mental-body) and Vigyanmaya kosha (the supramental-body) of human beings (as per Patanjali’s Pancha Kosha and backed by studies in quantum sciences) and heals individuals from the root.”
Below are the Reasons to adopt Bach flower therapy among others:
- The remedies used do not have any chemicals. They are purely vibrational, carrying energetic imprints of the flowers they are derived from. Thus, the therapy is absolutely safe and without any side effects.
- Needs minimal investment of time and effort. No long sessions, other than 30 to 60 mins of a consultation, maybe once a month.
- There is no contamination. No material or individual is involved in the healing process. It’s the flowers that heal. Thus, eliminating possibility of any ‘shadow’ of the therapist unintentionally being cast of you.
- As the remedies used are absolutely safe and without any side effects, the therapy is highly sustainable and can / must be made a way of life.
- Bach Flower therapy is ideal for sustained wellness and can be taken proactively to prevent illness.