Union Minister Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said he has tested positive for the coronavirus and has isolated himself. The leader has confirmed his infection in a tweet and said he is in isolation to prevent transmission of the illness. He tweeted, “Yesterday, I was feeling weak and consulted my doctor. During the course of my check-up, I have been tested Covid-19 positive. I am at present doing well with the blessings and good wishes of all. I have isolated myself,” he said, urging those who have come in contact with him to undergo tests.
Yesterday, I was feeling weak and consulted my Doctor. During the course of my check up, I have been tested COVID 19 positive. I am at present doing well with the blessings and good wishes of all. I have isolated myself.
— Nitin Gadkari (@nitin_gadkari) September 16, 2020
The spread of the novel coronavirus in India has quickened in the last few days with new infections are rising rapidly. While India’s Covid-19 case tally crosses 50 lakh mark with a spike of 90,123 new cases and 1,290 deaths reported in the last 24 hours.
Around 30 MPs, including BJP’s Meenakshi Lekhi and Pravesh Verma, and over 50 employees of Parliament have tested positive for Covid-19 so far, sources said on Monday. Many of them tested positive after undergoing compulsory coronavirus tests at the parliament premises before the start of the monsoon session, while several of them had undergone tests in their respective constituencies.
List of some of the Indian ministers who have tested positive for Covid-19
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has tested positive for coronavirus. The leader has confirmed his infection in a tweet and said he is in isolation to prevent transmission of the illness on 14, September.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on August 2 said he has tested positive for coronavirus and has been admitted to a hospital following the advice of doctors, the first Indian Cabinet minister to fall victim to the pandemic.
- Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on August 2 said he has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, who tested positive for COVID-19. Siddaramaiah was admitted to hospital on August 3 for a urinary infection and subsequently, he also tested positive for the coronavirus infection.
- Uttar Pradesh Jal Shakti Minister Mahendra Singh also tested positive for coronavirus, following the BJP state chief, on August.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had tested positive on July 29 and was admitted to a Covid-19 designated private hospital in Bhopal.
- Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain on June 17 tested positive for Covid-19, a day after similar tests had reported that he did not have the virus infection. His health improved with time and by June 26 he recovered from the virus.
Cases are rising rapidly and from the team of Healthwire Media, we request you to stay safe and protect yourself by washing hands frequently with soap and water and practising physical distancing wearing face masks.