The holi season is on and everyone is ready to feel the happiness of various colors. This year the holi festival is going to be different due to coronavirus pandemic rules but the celebration and excitement of the festival will be the same.
There will be more herbal colors this year because of the coronavirus but you will have to be very careful while choosing colors because there may be a mixture of herbal and non-herbal colors or you may choose the wrong colors which can affect your skin badly. Whatever colour you choose, you need to take care of your skin after playing with colors. There are many home remedies that you can choose from to protect your skin during Holi celebration.
- The main concern after playing with colors is to remove the colors from your skin. How easily colors can be removed depends on your skin type. If your skin is dry, you can use a homemade paste of honey and mashed banana. Apply it on your skin, and you will be able to remove the colors by rubbing it gently.
- Sometimes it gets really hard to remove the colors from your skin. To remove the stubborn colors from your skin, make a paste of gram flour, milk, honey and lemon. Apply the paste on your skin and let it dry. After drying the paste, rub it gently on your skin, it will help you remove the color.
- When colors stay on your skin for too long, it loses its glow and spark. To regain the natural glow of your skin, apply paste of milk, papaya and milk powder for 5-10 minutes. It will help your skin to regrow.
- Use moisturizer, oil and milk as a cleanser before going into the shower. One should avoid waxing, bleaching, or any kind of cosmetic use on your skin for few days after playing with colors.
- There is one basic and old technique to avoid colors sticking on your skin for a longer time. Use oil on your hair and skin that will help remove the colors easily.
Dr. Shashank Rastogi, Skin Specialist states that “Avoid staying in colors for too long because it can damage the pores of your skin. You must apply moisturizer and oil on your skin to remove the colors. In case of any irritation, consult your doctor immediately. Don’t kind of itching skin. It can be a sign of a harmful reaction. Celebrate the festival but take care of your skin”