The heart is undoubtedly the most important body part. It is the center of our circulatory system that carries blood to all the body parts. This is why it is very important to take every necessary precaution to keep it healthy. Especially during the times of the coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in an increased risk of heart ailments for survivors. A recent study found an increased risk of 20 different heart and vessel issues for those who were infected with COVID-19 in the past. This is why it is important to make taking care of your heart a part of your lifestyle. Embracing the right lifestyle changes and staying away from toxic habits can be a step towards keeping your heart healthy.
The fitness of the heart can be gauged by the number of times it beats per minute.
Below we are mentioning some tips that we all need to follow to keep our hearts healthy.
- Avoid giving direct and excessive heat to the chest.
- Avoid foods high on bad cholesterol which are hard for the body. It is always better to avoid fast food because they are loaded with all palm oil derivatives which does not get metabolized by the body properly. This can cause disruption in people who are seemingly in healthy state.
- Consume homemade desi ghee for good fats. Desi ghee contains high concentrations of monounsaturated Omega 3s. They are good for healthy heart and cardiovascular system.
- Never suppress the natural urges like belching or burping or sneezing. They may vitiate ‘doshas’ and cause heart concerns.
- Betel leaf is good for health if consumed after meals or in the morning.
- Practice sadvritta or good habits. Indulge in spiritual activities and try to keep your surrounding clean and follow positivity in life.
- In Ayurveda, it is strongly believed that heart has a close link to our emotions. According to experts, a slight amount of anxiety or unhappiness can create changes in blood pressure instantaneously. It is better to deal with stress and mental health in a healthy way.