Mr. Joy Chatterjee, General Manager, Sales & Marketing, Mankind Pharma
Stress, sleep deprivation and overconsumption of sugar and caffeine can take a toll on your skin in terms of early signs of ageing, pigmentation and acne too. As we all are aware about the impact of pollution on our health, do you know that pollution can be promoting acne and other skin problems.
During this time of the year, there has been a significant rise in the level of pollution and the air quality gets deteriorated. In the year 2020, when the pandemic has hit us we all have to be at home and there has been very less or no physical activities and our bodies. People have started going out during this time of the year since there has been festivities and wedding season.
While people have started going out, they have been facing breathing and skin problems due to the rise in the level of pollution. Our skin is a layer that is highly exposed to pollution and it can cause various skin problems.
The pollutants enter the body through sweat ducts, hair follicles, inhalation etc. and leads to skin problems such as:
- Premature ageing: This is caused because of exposure to UV radiation and is irreversible damage leading to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Pigmentation : Particulate matter because of traffic-related pollution causes increased brown spots on the forehead and cheeks.
- Irritations, breakouts, and inflammation: Pollutants combined with air dirt and dust triggers breakouts, acne, and inflammations in the skin and disturbs the skin’s ecosystem.
Here are one can combat the adverse effects of air pollution :
- Drink water at regular intervals
- Right after you step in at home from outdoor activity, cleanse your skin with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt and pollutants
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week – This will help to remove the dirt and
- Choose the right face wash and moisturizer – Face wash and moisturizers are the two most important products, we recommend AcneStar face wash, one of the most recommended anti-inflammatory and antibacterial face wash that fights the biggest enemy of skin and gives beautiful clear skin, free from acne.
- Remove makeup before you go to bed and keep your skin free from Acne by using AcneStar which is available in Soap, Gel and Face wash and gives you a permanent relief from Acne, regardless of its type. Its effective formula that attacks the acne-causing bacteria to give you a healthy, radiant and acne-free skin.