Maintaining a balanced diet and regular exercise plays a part in strengthening your immune system. As the festival of light ‘Diwali’ is right around the corner, you need to watch out for a few things that can end up harming your health if you are not careful.
A truly healthy immune system depends on foods that contain essential nutrients and minerals that can help your body fight off pathogens.
Here are six food that will ensure that your Diwali is not just happy but also healthy:
- Turmeric- It is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating inflammation of the muscles and bones. All you need to do is add 1 tsp Haldi powder in 150 ml hot milk and consume it. It contains an active ingredient called curcumin which is a great modulator of the immune system.
- Ginger– Garlic is also an immune system warrior, protecting the body from infections and illness. Ginger is great food with excellent anti-inflammatory properties that play a key role in boosting your immunity. Ginger has antiviral properties, which can help reduce sore throat and inflammatory illnesses.
- Almonds– Rich in essential fatty acids, almonds plays a crucial role in keeping the immune system healthy. Almonds are rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E, and can help reducing blood pressure. This keeps your immune system stronger. You are advised to consume 4-6 almonds daily.
- Oat-meal– Oats are rich in dietary fiber, which plays a role in modulating the immune system. It contains proteins that carry out bodily processes and fight off harmful viruses. The protein in oats keeps you feeling satiated for a long.
- Sunflower seeds– They are packed with nutrients and minerals, including vitamin E, vitamin B-6, magnesium, and phosphorus. Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin that requires fat to be absorbed properly and is beneficial for the immune system’s health. Vitamin E aids the production of red blood cells in all parts of the body.
- Spinach– Packed with numerous antioxidants and beta carotene, spinach is rich in iron and vitamin C. Spinach in your diet can help your immune system health.
Our immune system protects our body from outside invaders such as bacteria, viruses, and toxins. To help our immune system function better, we should include above-mentioned include immunity-boosting foods in our diet.