When we talk about weight loss, we should not forget to talk about Sara Ali Khan as she has done a commendable job in losing weight.
Losing weight and getting healthy is very important, especially when you have PCOS. But Sara has achieved this triumph through her hard work, dedication, and perseverance.
Sara has always been open about her weight loss journey—including her diet and exercise—because of which she has become an inspiration to many. She keeps us motivating by posting her videos and images of her workouts (and other fitness-related things) on her Instagram handle.
In a recent video from her feed, she can be seen doing side tucks on a fitness mat (and breaking into an impromptu dance routine)
This video is also proof that your workout session doesn’t have to be tedious and monotonous. You can very well add some masala and make it more fun so that you stick to it for a long time.
View this post on Instagram
So what are these side tucks that Sara is seen doing? Let’s know how you can do it
- Lie down on your right side, start stretching your right hand above your head with your left hand pressed against the floor.
- Now put your right palm on your head, making a triangle.
- Inhale and lift your head and toes up from the mat gently. Focus on your abs and keep your core tight.
- Now breathe out slowly and bring your toes and head back to the mat. Switch sides and repeat.
- Make sure that you start slow with side tucks. Increase your reps slowly and steadily.
Here are the few benefits of side tucks:
- It engages your core: If you are looking for some core engaging exercises then consider including this one as side tucks is a perfect exercise for your core.
- It can give you a flat belly: Since it engages your core, regularly exercising can give you a flatter belly.
- It also targets your side muscles: Your side muscles are also getting targeted with this move along with your core. So, if you are overwhelmed by love handles, then try to regularly practice this; you can get rid of fat from there as well.
- It targets your lower back: This exercise can target the fat on your back, thus giving you a sleeker look.