A mother starts caring for her baby even before it is born as it is a development not just of the baby but of the mother too.
Motherhood is one of the most special and important phase in a woman’s life. It’s like a roller coaster ride filled with nervousness, excitement, and emotions.
It’s important to take care of your baby during your pregnancy. You can do this by opting for a healthy lifestyle and by regular doctor consultation while you’re pregnant.
Follow the below early care pregnancy tips to remain happy, motivated and to have a healthy baby-
- Eating right during pregnancy is about consuming the right nutrients so that the baby gets all the elements for its healthy growth.
- If you are not eating well, or you are too sick to eat much, you need to get the right amount of folic acid. Folic acid reduces the risk of your baby developing a neural tube defect.
- Exercise does play a very important role to prevent all the other bodily problems including back pain, stiffness, tight muscles that come with pregnancy.
- Do simple exercises of the back and pelvic regions or get at least 30 minutes of exercise instead of relying on only walking. Doing exercise will prevent ligament pain that helps expectant mothers to walk without pain. Get your doctor’s advice for exercise depending on the trimester of your pregnancy.
- Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles with Kegel exercises n help you to make the muscles of your pelvic floor stronger. This simple exercise can help in making delivery easier and prevent problems later.
- It’s natural to get hungry with the baby growing especially in the second trimester. So, instead of eating anything, make sure you eat fruits every day whenever you feel hungry. You can also have almonds, roasted makhana, sprouts, salads to keep yourself and baby healthy.
- Dehydration is very common during pregnancy and it even affects your baby. Try to replenish yourself by consuming juices, coconut water. Try to download apps that remind you to have a glass of water at regular intervals so that you can consume at least 3.5 liters of water every day.
- Massage is used to boost mood and enhance overall well-being. Massages from a partner can help decrease depression, anxiety, stress, etc. A massage is usually being advised in the second and third trimester. One should always consult a doctor if you’re considering using them in your second or third trimester.
- If you are clueless about the right diet and exercises you should do during pregnancy then you should consult with your gynecologist to create a nutrition and exercise plan. Monitor your reports throughout the pregnancy and modify the plan as per your needs.
Dr. Nupur Gupta, Founder Well Woman Clinic & Director Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute Gurugram shares some tips that can come in handy as you prepare for your baby to be born.
You can increase the chances of a healthy pregnancy if you take good care of your physical and mental health.
Take care of your diet, eat healthy and fresh food, and other required supplements like iron and folic acid which reduce the risk of neural tube birth defects in babies. Yoga and exercise help in stress management and goes a long way in helping you curb the demands of labor and motherhood.
Lamaze is also a very effective breathing exercise to build a mother’s confidence in her ability to give birth and promote comfort through relaxation techniques, movement, and massage.
Taking good care of your physical health, and emotional wellness, act as catalysts that boost your well-being during pregnancy.