Dr JN Pande, former chairman of the Department of Medicine at AIIMS, received the Padma Shri posthumously.
The former head of Medicine Department at AIIMS Dr JN Pandey has succumbed to death in May after testing COVOD-19 positive.
Dr Pande’s contribution towards medical sciences was immense and recently he had researched the impact of pollution on human beings.
The Government conferred Padma Awards 2021 to 119 people who have made their indelible mark in different fields. Veterans of different fields were honoured in three different categories– Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
President Ram Nath Kovind approved conferment of a total 119 Padma awards this year, comprising 10 unsung heroes in medicine whose deeds speak volumes about their contribution to the society.
This year Padama Award, one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, comprises 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri awards.
Here is the list of 10 doctors who were honoured on the occasion of 72nd Republic Day:
- Dr. Belle Monappa Hegde, Karnataka
- Dr Rattan Lal Mittal, Punjab
- Dr Chandrakant Sambhaji Pandav, Delhi
- Dr J N Pande (Posthumous), Delhi
- Dr Krishna Mohan Pathi, Odisha
- Dr Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo, Kerala
- Shri Ashok Kumar Sahu, Uttar Pradesh
- Dr Bhupendra Kumar Singh Sanjay, Uttarakhand
- Dr Dilip Kumar Singh, Bihar
- Dr Thiruvengadam Veeraraghavan (Posthumous), Bihar