Actor Dia Mirza on World Mental Health Day shared a list of things that helped her cope with mental health issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ‘Sanju’ actor explained how everyone should promise themselves to not feel shame in seeking help because it is important.
Mirza then went on to explain the things she did that helped her maintain her mental health during the pandemic.
1) Forming and maintaining a routine
2) Daily Exercise and Meditation
3) Doing one thing every day that gives you joy
4) Forming a social bubble with responsible friends and family and meeting them (practicing all health protocols)
5) Spending time in nature like walking bare feet in the garden or watching birds and butterflies and water plants
6) Staying away from toxic news channels and hate-mongering
7) Being a part of the solutions to help people
The actor continued saying about mental health awareness and it is equally important as physical health.
Mental health is as important as physical health. So let’s keep working together to build a healthy relationship with ourselves. And MOST importantly always reach out for professional help and communicate with those we trust about how we are feeling 💚🌳#WorldMentalHealthDay2020 pic.twitter.com/s8uMQLVnmX
— Dia Mirza (@deespeak) October 10, 2020
“And MOST importantly always reach out for professional help and communicate with those we trust about how we are feeling,” she added.
World Mental Health Day is observed to spread awareness about global mental health and to advocate the social stigma associated with it.