Amid the increasing coronavirus cases in the country, fresh guidelines have been issued by the Ministry Of Health and as per these Guidelines, lockdown is limited to the Containment Zones and all economic and other activities are permitted outside the containment zone subject to strict adherence to prescribed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Further, there shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods as also reiterated the D.O. letter of even number dated 23.03.2021.
- In the last few days, a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases has been observed in the country along with a high positivity rate. In order to break the chain of transmission and curb the spread of Covid-19, various States/UTs have imposed additional restrictions on certain activities and curfews, etc.
- As you are aware, the availability of an adequate and uninterrupted supply of Medical Oxygen is an important prerequisite for managing moderate & severe cases of COVID-19. With increasing cases, the mec4ical oxygen supplies will need to keep pace with the requirements of the States.
- Keeping in view the requisition of Medical Oxygen and to ensure its Smooth supplies to cO13cerned agencies, Empowered Group-II, which is mandated for coordinating medical logistics including oxygen, has prepared a supply plan that is required to be followed by all States/UTs and concerned agencies. A copy of Secretary (Health)’s D.O. letter dated 15.04.2021 along with the aforesaid plan is enclosed.
- It is emphasized that Medical Oxygen is an essential public health commodity anc4 any irrtpec4iment in the supply of Medical Oxygen in the country may critically impact the management of patients suffering from COVID-19 disease in other parts of the country.
- Therefore, the letter said you are requested to ensure that:
(i) no such restriction is imposec4 on the movement of Medical Oxygen between the States/ UTs and transport authorities shall be instructed to accordingly allow free inter-state movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles;
(ii) no restrictions shall be imposed on oxygen manufacturers and suppliers to limit the oxygen supplies only to the hospitals of the State in which they are located;
(iii) there shall be free movement of oxygen-carrying vehicles into the cities, without any restriction of timings, while also enabling inter-city supply without restriction; and
(iv) the supply plan as referred in para 4 above should strictly be adherec4 to by all the States/ UTs.