By – Devangi Dalal, Indian Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologist, Centre Director of Hearing Hearts, co-founder of the JOSH foundation
Hearing health care technology has advanced significantly in recent decades. Its objective is to improve the user’s ability to hear and communicate in their homes, public space, through phones or other communication systems and devices. The hearing technology trends are constantly evolving and include a diverse range of products, from classic hearing aids to consumer technology and hearing assistive technologies. Even the most basic digital hearing aids available now provide significantly greater benefits than the greatest hearing aids of earlier generations. But one must remember if a person suffering from hearing loss or have hearing health related issues, language of kindness can provide them the best treatment. It helps them to generate will power to recover and stimulates positivity.
New Technologies in Hearing health aids –
• Two-way streaming audio technology: When a call comes in to your smartphone, you can hear and speak through the microphone on your hearing aids. Hands-free calling does not require you to talk into your smartphone.
• Applications: Applications for hearing aid in smartphones functions similarly to assistive listening devices, directing phone calls or other sound sources directly to a user’s hearing aids. Some can also convert speech to text and translate between languages.
• Artificial Intelligence (AI): Some premium hearing aids come with built-in artificial intelligence. They use a deep neural network (DNN) to process sound. This allows them to mimic how your brain would hear sound in an impaired or non-impaired state.
• Waterproof hearing aid: Most hearing aids today are water-resistant rather than waterproof. However, some companies have now produced a waterproof hearing device that can be submerged in up to two feet of water.
• Rechargeable batteries: These eliminate the need to swap out tiny button cells every time they are altered.
• Tinnitus masking features: These can be programmed by an audiologist or other hearing care specialist to create sounds that mask tinnitus or ringing in your ears.
• Bluetooth compatibility: It is a wireless technology that allows hearing aids to connect to smart phones. In today’s date you can customize hearing aids as per your requirement. Customization has become a crucial aspect of any experience in today’s world. The first stage in making custom hearing aids is to make ear molds, also known as custom hearing aid molds. This is done by a hearing healthcare professional.
The ability to personalize several aspects – style, fit, function, colours, and features – makes everything feel truly unique. This amount of customization is now available with hearing aids, particularly personalized hearing aids. An individual can customize their hearing aids by their – Size and Discretion, Usability, comfort, and custom fit, Connectivity with devices and Bluetooth, Natural and personalized sound and, Natural wind noise reduction.
Hearing is very important for our day to day communication. And it’s not just the hearing we have to look at, we need to feel the pleasure of hearing.