Under the direction of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, from the 18th to the 30th of April 2022, the district administration and health department will organise Block-level Health Melas for one day in each block of the country.
These melas serve as platforms to attract thousands of people to avail quality healthcare services along with essential medicines and diagnostic services. Many of the diseases especially chronic lifestyle disorders such as diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases and cancers can be prevented through healthy lifestyles. Furthermore, early detection and initiation of treatment can prevent complications arising from diseases already occurred in a person.
The Health Mela would be part of the celebration of “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” and departments other than the health department would also make an appearance including Youth Affairs and Sports, Women and Child Development, State Health Authority, and any other department as per the context of local need will coordinate with each other in conducting a successful Mela.
Health education, information on wellness lifestyle along with healthcare services for early detection and treatment of diseases will be provided at these Health Melas free of cost. In total, 65 different diagnostic services, including ECG and X-Ray, and more than 170 medicines for various illnesses will be available at these Health Melas at no cost. People are urged to make the best use of the health mela by visiting along with their families.
Services at attendance in Health Mela
· ABHA (Health ID) creation
· Ayushman Bharat Golden Card creation
· Diabetes screening, treatment & referral
· Oral cancer screening, treatment & referral
· Hypertension screening, treatment & referral
· Free drugs and diagnostic services
· Yoga, Zumba, meditation & wellness counselling
· AYUSH services- Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Homeopathy
· Obstetrics, gynaecology & child health care
· Mother & child vaccination
· Family planning counselling & provision of contraceptives
· Services for communicable diseases- malaria; tuberculosis, leprosy
· Eye care including cataract screening
· Specialist services- cardiology, asthma, dental, ENT, dermatology
· RTI/STI/AIDS screening and treatment
· HIV/AIDS counselling
· Blood donation & registration for organ donation
· Lifestyle and diet counselling
· Testing for food adulteration using Food Safety Magic Box