Women may experience various things during their pregnancy that might lead to joyful and safe childbirth. However, for many pregnant women, it can be quite a worrying experience. Hence, maternity is an essential period for women where they should be careful about their diet, sleep, mental health, and medications to avoid complications. A Gynecologist named Dr. Surabhi Siddhartha has shared some crucial pregnancy tips on how expecting mothers can manage their health.
Key Tips For 1st Trimester (Conception to the 12th week of pregnancy).
1. Including Folic acid supplements in the diet
2. Having home-cooked food is beneficial
3. Eating frequent small meals
4. Stay hydrated and have plenty of fluids
5. Rest is Essential
6. Walking is good after every meal
7. Managing stress
8. Have medication only after a doctor’s consultation
9. Lying on the left side increases the blood flow to the uterus
10. Quite smoking and alcohol consumption
11. Don’t eat fried food to avoid constipation
12. Avoid eating raw papaya
Key Tips For 2nd Trimester (13th week to 26th week) & 3rd Trimester (27th week to delivery time)
1. Increase protein intake
2. Have plenty of fluids
3. Try Meditation and Yoga
4. Wear comfortable cotton clothes
5. Refrain from sexual intercourse
6. No caffeine & alcohol intake
7. No substance abuse & smoking
Do not travel long distances: Women should try to avoid traveling long distances in the second and third trimesters if they have issues of premature rupture of membranes, preeclampsia, and preterm labor.
Routine testing: Antenatal check-ups (ANC), such as screening for diabetes, hypertension, and anemia, vaccination for pregnant women-TT, IFA, and calcium supplements are necessary for pregnant women.
Eating a healthy & balanced diet: Foods like milk, curd, buttermilk, and paneer that contain calcium, proteins, and vitamins are good for pregnancy. Fresh fruits, vegetables, cereals, whole grains, and pulses are good for pregnant women as they are rich in vitamins, iron, and protein.