A double chin is a layer of muscle that sits under the chin. As people start to age, the muscles under the chin and neck turn limp and the skin on top becomes saggy, therefore a double chin forms. A double chin forms under the chin giving an illusion of a second chin. A double chin can develop due to several hereditary factors.
However, a face yoga expert, Vibhuti Arora says that if people opt for some facial exercises, they will be able to get rid of double chin issues and get a perfect jawline. Here are some facial exercises that help reduce double chin.
- It is known as a powerful exercise that reduces jawline fat.
- Pout the lips as high up in the air as possible.
- Tilt up the head and look up to the roof.
- Repeat it to the count of 20.
Invert Tongue Movement
- This exercise tones up the jawline and reduces the double chin.
- Move the tongue and touch the top of the mouth
- Look up to the ceiling and hold this position to the count of 20.
- Do it 3 times.
- It helps firm the jawline, lose up the muscle under the chin, tighten the neck, and define the jaws.
- Make a fist and keep it beneath the jaw.
- Apply equal and opposite pressure and do up and down jaw movement
- Do this to the count of 20.
Slope the neck backward and look up at the ceiling while putting the opposite pressure with the fist.
Lifting the chin
- Stand straight and open your mouth as wide as possible.
- Slope back the head back and look up toward the ceiling.
- Pull the lips to try to kiss the roof for 5 seconds.
- Do this at least 10 times.
- Form a hook with the index finger, place the thumb beneath the jaw massaging it in firm circles from the middle of the chin to the ear lobe
- Repeat it 6 to 9 times