Ms.Harpreet Kaur, Nutritionist, Cloudnine group of hospitals, Panchkula
- It helps in boosting the immune system. Due to being one of the richest sources of Vitamin-C in nature.
- Excellent remedy for morning sickness if eaten in morning.
- It has high fibre and water content, help in reducing dehydration.
- Eating guavas during pregnancy also help in maintaining blood pressure.
- Guava leaf extracts may have a positive effect on a range of illness and symptoms including diarrhea, diabetes and indigestion.
- It has a low glycemic index so it helps in controlling gestational diabetes.
Benefit in fertility: Guava helps to boost fertility. Taking guavas can help boost ovulation and fertility in women and increase your chance of getting pregnant. Guava fruit is most often eaten as a snack and the leaves are commonly boiled into an herbal tea, which can be consumed once or twice a week.
- GUAVA CHUTNEY (best suited for pregnancy& lactation)
- 2-3 Medium sized guavas
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ cup green garlic
- Green chillies (as per your taste)
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the seeds of guava and cut them into small pieces Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend to make a smooth chutney You can add a dash of water if needed. Enjoy your healthy chutney with your meals.
- GUAVA CHAAT (A healthy snack for kids)
INGREDIENTS: 6 peeled and cut guavas
- ½ kg boiled, peeled and cut potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tabelspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Finely chopped green chillies
- 3 spring onions cut with the leaves
- ¾ cup fresh finely chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves
INSTRUCTIONS: Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl and add lime juice and coriander leaves for garnishing.