Are you feeling stressed, and looking for a natural way to seek relief?
Well, then you should look out for certain foods and beverages that may have stress-relieving qualities.
While the occasional bouts of stress are difficult to avoid, chronic stress can take a serious toll on your physical and emotional health. In fact, it may increase the further risk of conditions like heart disease and depression.
According to an article published in August 2015 in the journal, amount and quality of nutrients you take in over time can impact the body’s neural circuits that control emotion, motivation, and mood.
Another research, published in October 2017, in the journal Psychosomatic Medicine: Journal of Behavioral Medicine, has pointed to gut microbiota — microorganisms in the intestine comprising of good and bad bacteria has an essential link to the relationship between what you eat and drink, and how you feel.
Dr. Kamna Chhibber, Head – Mental Health Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Fortis Healthcare said, “Stress can be rather detrimental to health and well-being if you struggle to cope with it. Finding effective ways in which you can manage your stress is critical to ensure that you maintain your state of mental health and well-being.” The following are some key ways in which you can manage stress effectively:
- Follow a routine that allows you to plan and predict what you would want to do on a given day.
- Integrate breaks into your routine to ensure you can stay relaxed as you work through the different tasks.
- Maintain a balanced lifestyle where you build in relaxing and recreational activities into your routine.
- Be self-aware of the situations that may increase your levels of stress.
- Take a problem-solving approach to work through the difficult situations that face you.
- Focus on maintaining a good diet and integrate exercise into your routines. Physical and mental health and integrally related to each other.
- Make sure you follow good sleep hygiene.
- Find the time to do the things that you like to do.
- Create a social support network of friends, family, and colleagues with who you can unwind and share and discuss things with.