Fruits are an important part of a healthy diet as they are stuffed with vitamins, enzymes, minerals, and also may reduce the risk for many illnesses.
Kiwifruit contains numerous vitamins and minerals that promote health. It contains very good levels of vitamin-A, vitamin-E, vitamin-K, and anti-oxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein, and xanthin.
Daily consumption of kiwi fruit improves your immunity and protects you from diseases like asthma, cough, and are good for keeping the blood sugar levels of diabetic patients under control.
Medicinal and health benefits of this fruit have been discussed as under-
- Digestive health: Kiwis are a good source of fiber which is important for preventing constipation and keeping the body regular. It improves the digestion of proteins and can help digest a meal much and it facilitates smooth traffic through the digestive system.
- Promote healthy skin: It is a good source of vitamin C which is an essential nutrient that works in our bodies as an antioxidant to help prevent damage that can naturally stimulate collagen synthesis. Kiwis are a good source of vitamin E which makes the skin soft and moist. Kiwifruit contains amino acids that protect the skin from sun damage.
- Bone health: Magnesium, folate, and vitamin E, Vitamin K are all well represented in kiwifruit, offering health benefits that range from the bone formation. Vitamin K also has a potential role in bone mass building.
- Cardiovascular health: Kiwifruit is a good source of protective polyphenols along with vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. These are effective in the maintenance of cardiovascular health.
- Controls Blood pressure: Kiwis can help negate the effects of sodium in the body because of their high potassium content. Kiwis help in making red blood cells and developing a strong immune system.
- Eye Health: Kiwifruit contains the phytochemical lutein. Lutein is a carotenoid vitamin that can prevent age-related eye problems. The body can’t synthesize the lutein, therefore it’s especially important to get plenty of foods that contain lutein, like kiwi.
- Hair health: Kiwi is rich in minerals like zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus that improves hair growth and enhances blood circulation. Vitamin C and E present in kiwi helps in reducing hair fall.
- Improves Sleep Pattern: Kiwifruit is a source of serotonin which helps to promote better sleep. Kiwi is a potent ingredient for the development of natural sleeping aids.
Kiwi is useful in the prevention and deterioration of many diseases. Kiwi is the most nutrient-dense fruit which one should eat more frequently, for better health.