India’s leading Pharma Company in the oral healthcare segment – ICPA Health Products Ltd (ICPA) hosted its sixth interactive online session in the ICPA Clinical Series on 24th November 2021. The session focused on achieving growth in the early years of dental practice and was addressed by Dr Akash Akinwar, MDS (Periodontics). Dr Akinwar offered advice to young dentists on ways to overcome the initial hurdles typically faced in new practice. He shared valuable tips from his own experience based on interactions with thousands of dentists across the country. The session was live-streamed across various social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The session covered all of the basic processes and protocols to be followed by dental practitioners, and provided guidelines for sustaining and progressing in their dental practice. Dr Akinwar’s five-point summary of the session stressed on: –
1. The need for maintaining friendly communication and a cheerful atmosphere in the clinic
2. Improving efficiency in practice with the help of a disciplined team and the need for personally taking charge of administrative processes
3. As a practice builder, maintaining case documentation right from the first patient
4. Not compromising on quality including the need for working with a reputed lab instead of trying to save costs by opting for a lesser known lab
5. 9 must-haves: Personality, positive attitude, salesmanship, time-management, determination, administrative discipline, communication skills, patience and good health, both mental and physical
‘ICPA Clinical Series’ is an initiative aimed at addressing specific clinical challenges faced by dentists in their everyday practice. Themed ‘Each Episode-One Clinical Challenge’, the series is moderated by ICPA’s Technical Head of Marketing – Dr Rajeev Chitguppi. Each session in the series has a guest speaker, specialists from various domains of dentistry. With a set schedule of two episodes per month, the series aims to help dentists gain insights from leading authorities in the field.