In an email sent to all the employees, Suman Reddy, MD, Pegasystems India, listed dos and don’ts about how to protect yourself against coronavirus.
It is important in times like these that we only rely on information from reliable sources. The health and safety of our employees, as well as our clients and partners, remains our top priority. We continue to closely monitor the situation on a local, regional, and global level. Due to the changing nature of the situation and differing levels of maturity of the virus in each region, Pega has issued measures and precautions locally and/or regionally based on specific circumstances.
Actions to be Taken to reduce the risk of getting sick:
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water
- Use anti-bacterial wipes or hand sanitizer gel
- Avoid touching the face particularly eyes and mouth, unless with freshly washed or sanitized hands and refrain from shaking hands.
- You may wish to self-check your temperature daily before leaving home.
- Please use best practices of not coughing or sneezing into the open air; please cover your mouth or nose.
- Use a face mask that is available in our office reception
Working in the office
- If you have traveled back from one of the high-risk countries (including a transit), we recommend that you work from home for 2 weeks following your return.
- If you feel uncomfortable coming into the office (or the client location) please contact your Line Manager to ask if you can work from home
- Limit or postpone all non-essential business travel
- Recommend to conduct business meetings or events via Webex or online
- Recommend not to attend large meetings or events face to face
- Avoid sharing snacks in bowls or packets
If you do feel unwell
- Call your doctor or emergency services to get advice, do not go to see them.
- Inform your Line Manager and Talent Advisory Partner
- Employees with fever/cold/cough/sore throat are advised to stay home and seek medical advice
- Inform your Line Manager and TAP if you are feeling unwell or if a member of your household is unwell and do not come into the office, rather work from home if you are able to or take sick leave