Gauahar Khan Banned From Working For 60 Days For Violating Covid-19 Norms

It has been claimed by FWICE, in its statement that the actor had endangered the lives of the entire crew members working with her on the shoot.

The Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) on Tuesday issued a non-cooperation notice for two months against Bollywood actor Gauahar Khan for allegedly violating the Covid-19 rules.

Gauahar took to Instagram to share her message, writing, “Innshallah maa as saabreen Sabr n Shukr.” She added, “The truth shall always prevail.”

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday filed a police case against the actor for flouting Covid-19 guidelines.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by GAUAHAR KHAN (@gauaharkhan)

Though the name of the actor was not disclosed by the actor report said that the case related to the Tandav actor.

In a joint statement, signed by FWICE president BN Tiwari, general secretary Ashok Dubey and treasurer Gangeshwar Srivastav, the trade body said, “It was a very irresponsible act by Gauahar Khan, she not only risked her life but others who were on the set.”

The FWICE said it condemns Khan for resuming shooting even after testing positive for COVID-19 infection despite being advised to quarantine herself, reported PTI.

“Her act is highly irresponsible and is against the strict guidelines laid down by the Government of India and Maharashtra issued for the media and entertainment industry post resumption of shootings in Maharashtra. It is indeed a serious offense,” it said.

However, the 37-year-old actor had denied being COVID-19 positive in a statement earlier in the day and requested the media to not speculate.

“For everyone sending their best wishes and concern for Gauahar Khan, here’s the latest report. She’s tested negative in multiple reports. She’s a law-abiding citizen and complying with all the norms of BMC,” the actor’s team said.

“This is to appeal for all the speculation to be put to an end. Gauahar Khan is cooperating with everything that the BMC requires,” it further said.

It has been claimed by FWICE, in its statement that the actor had endangered the lives of the entire crew members working with her on the shoot.

Until a fresh directive is issued the trade body advised its members to distance themselves from being associated with Khan for the next two months.

The FWICE warned if any members are found cooperating with Khan shall also be held liable for stringent disciplinary action by them.

Facebook Comments