On third Sunday in the month of June 19, 2021 India celebrates Father’s Day. This year, it falls on June 20. Due to the pandemic celebrations will be minimal, just like they were last year.
Most people exchange cards, bake cakes, prepare hearty meals, or even present flowers to their father as a symbol of their love and gratitude.
-Dr. Bhitika Bhattacharya, Senior Consultant Obstetrics and Gyanecology, BirthRight By Rainbow Hospitals Madhukar Rainbow Children’s Hospital
The thought of baby’s birth can be stressful at times.There is a lot the father can do to let it go smoothly especially in the current COVID scenario
-Go to child birth classes and learn the basics
-Talk in length with your partner regarding labor analgesia and pain management
-Help your partner in labor learn the techniques of massage
-Survey the hospital facility for labor
-Pre programme important numbers on phone
-Attend childbirth classes to gauge your partners feeling and guide her through breathing and relaxation exercises
-Witnessing the actual birth and the final push is an experience of a life time
– At home setting up the nursery with inputs from your partners a good idea
– In Parenting classes learn the technique of feeding and holding the baby
– Learn to change diapers
– Research on child development
– Breastfeeding can be a nightmare for some mother’s thus mother may get inadequate sleep Should encourage the mother to sleep when the baby sleeps
– Try to handle nighttime diaper changes
– Mother may have bouts of anxiety and postpartum depression thus encourage her to take short breaks
– If you can manage all this you can be a proud father!!