DaytoDay Health Partners With Heal Foundation To Fight COVID 19

Massachusetts, USA based DaytoDay Health has partnered with Heal Foundation to deliver first-ever home patient management program for the COVID 19 patients in India for free. The program is a comprehensive digital-first care management program that enables patients to be safely, effectively, and affordably managed at their homes. The post-diagnosis care management program for COVID-19 is applicable for patients who have either a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, and are not critical, i.e. requiring ICU-level care.

Speaking about the partnership Dr. Swadeep Srivastava, Founder, Heal Foundation, said, “World is going through the crisis of the century. In these gloomy times, we all need to come together to fight the situation.  The healthcare system in India is not well equipped to handle community infection and facts such as only 1 doctor per 1800 population, only 1.7 nurses available per thousand population, only 0.9 hospital beds per 1000 population, mere 100,000 ICU beds and 40,000 ventilators can vouch for it. Therefore, it becomes essential to prevent the community transmission of COVID 19 and manage maximum patients at home to relieve the burden on the healthcare system and preventing cross infections.”

Rajiv Misra, SVP India operation, Daytoday Health, said, “Public Health England has categorised COVID-19 patients into 3 categories: Category 1 – Require immediate admission, Category 2 – Home isolation with active health monitoring, Category 3 – Home isolation with health advice. Only 5 percent of the patients fall into the first category. Remaining 95 percent can be managed from home. However, Home isolation is stressful and can lead to patients not following, breaking the isolation, and seeking healthcare outside thus putting both healthcare workers and the elderly population at risk.

About DaytoDay Health

DayToDay Health is a portfolio company of Babylon Health UK. DayToDay is a digital-first acute care management platform, which helps patients to navigate complex care journeys like Surgery, Cancer Treatment, Acute exacerbation of chronic conditions, etc. Founded and led by MIT alums and experienced Harvard professionals, daytoday is dedicated to creating an unprecedented patient care experience before and after medical procedures. DaytoDay Health’s mobile app and platform provides turn-by-turn, personalized care content and interactive tools, and live chat with personal care coaches who take care of patients’ needs. DaytoDay Health is a global company with operations in the US, India, & the UK.

About Heal Foundation

HEAL Foundation is a not for profit organisation registered under Indian Trust Act. As a trust, we aim to engage key stakeholders of the healthcare industry in India with the mission of:

  • Nudging masses towards healthier practices by spreading awareness around relevant health issues
  • Engaging and empowering stakeholders through capacity building so that they can guide the country towards better health practices
  • Associating with medical bodies, associations, organisations and policy makers to help design policies which can improve health status of the country
Facebook Comments