India, like the rest of the world, is grappling with the ongoing impacts of the Covid-19. Till the time a vaccine is not developed enhancing the body’s natural defence system plays an important role in maintaining optimum health.
Healthy eating and lifestyle practices that can lower the risk of disease, a person with impaired immunity is more susceptible for Covid-19 and thus immunity is an important preventing factor.
Immunity plays a vital role in our fight against Coronavirus! Follow these immunity-boosting tips to win the battle against this pandemic. Don't forget, together we can do this! #IndiaFightsCorona @moayush @shripadynaik @PMOIndia @PIB_India @MIB_India @MoHFW_India pic.twitter.com/6HEj8xke0P
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) August 25, 2020
Ayurveda Rasayana (rejuvenation) herbs, Yoga exercises, Pranayama, daily regimens and personal hygiene guidelines can be helpful strategies in controlling the spread of Covid-19. The preventive aspects of pandemic situations are narrated in Ayurveda with enough details. They need to be scientifically explored and refined for precision.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ: Covid-19: UK-Based Indian-Origin Doctor Comes Up With A Unique 21-Day Immunity Plan To Fight Infection
According to Ministry of AYUSH, the body’s natural defence system (immunity) plays an important role in maintaining optimum health. The ministry said that many state governments also followed up with healthcare advice on traditional medicine solutions to enhance immunity and disease-resistance, which are particularly relevant against the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The race for Covid-19 vaccine is being keenly watched by health professionals and the public alike, thanks to high profile coverage in the media. Meanwhile, hundreds of #Ayush pic.twitter.com/tFCxCjthge
— Ministry of AYUSH (@moayush) August 31, 2020
Ministry of AYUSH recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications-
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures
- Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar-free Chyavanprash.
- Drink herbal tea/decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Giloy, Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and/or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
Including certain foods like #Ginger tea in our diet helps to improve the functioning of our immune system.
Ginger is known for its excellent medicinal properties. pic.twitter.com/05ryOWNLBD
— Ministry of AYUSH (@moayush) August 29, 2020
- Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk – once or twice a day
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by Ministry of AYUSH.
- Spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) are recommended in cooking.
YOU MAY LIKE TO READ: Covid 19: India, China Push Traditional Remedies Amid Outbreak
Our immune system protects our body from outside invaders such as bacteria, virus and toxins.
To help our immune system function better we should include immunity-boosting spices like haldi and pepper to our diet. #Turmeric and #Blackpepper is a powerful combination. pic.twitter.com/X0iheXyJM9
— Ministry of AYUSH (@moayush) August 27, 2020
During dry cough / sore throat
- Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practised once in a day.
- Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar/honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
- These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat. However, it is best to consult doctors if these symptoms persist.
Stopping an illness from happening is wiser than having to deal with worse health issues later on.
— Ministry of AYUSH (@moayush) September 11, 2020
These ways help in maintaining the strength of body (immunity) which in turn helps in combating pandemic conditions such as COVID-19.
Disclaimer: The above advisory does not claim to be the treatment for Covid-19