Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today has announced a slew of economic measures to support people to survive through coronavirus scare.
She has announced a Rs 1.7 lakh cr relief package for the poor and migrant workers to deal with the impact of COVID-19 outbreak. Through DBT. Will include MNREGA workers, farmers etc.
- MGNREGA wages increased from ₹182 to ₹202
2. Women Jan Dhan accounts will get ₹500 / month for next three months as ex gratia amount.
3- Old aged/widows/disabled payment of Rs 1000
4. Free cylinders under Ujwala for 3 months.
5. ₹50L insurance cover for all personnel ( health , sanitation & hospital management ) directly dealing with #COVID19 patients.
6. EPF of both employees & employers I.e. 24% will be borne by GOI for next 3 months for firms with less than 100 employees & 90% employees receive less than ₹15000 salary per month .
7. Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Ann Yojna(for next 3 months)- 80 cr poor ppl covered (2/3rd of India’s population), in addition to already allotted 5 Kg of rice/wheat per person, an additional 5kg will be free. Additional 1kg pulse (acc to regional preference).
8. Self Help women groups (7 crore houses holds covered), collateral-free loans doubled to 20 Lakh.
9. Rs 31,000 crore is available in the Building and other Construction Workers’ Fund (BOCW). These can be used for 3.5 crore construction workers.
The Govt has suggested State Govts to utilize this for the welfare of these workers..
10. Workers can draw upto 75% non-refundable advance from credit in PF account or 3 months salary, whichever is lower.