After two new cases of COVID-19 detected in India, one in New Delhi, another in Telangana, the Ministry of AYUSH on March 2 issued an advisory against coronavirus. The advisory shold be considered as preventive measures to be followed. It should not be considered as a treatment advice for the Coronavirus infection.
AYUSH system is based on traditional health practices. The traditional Healthcare system of the country provides lifestyle advocacies to boost immunity which helps prevention of various kind of infectious diseases.
The Research Councils under Ministry of AYUSH are involved in various public health activities and provide lifestyle advocacies time to time for the general public.
Preventive Measures as per the Ayurvedic Practice
As per the Ayurvedic Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested:
- Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty.
- Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices.
- Take steps to strengthen your immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
- Take Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
- Take Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
- Trikatu (Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½ liter and keeps it in a bottle): keep taking it in sips as and when required.
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
Preventive Measures as per the Homeopathy Practices
- As per the Homoeopathy Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested:
- The Group of Experts inter-alia has recommended that homoeopathy medicine Arsenicum album30 could be taken as prophylactic medicine against possible Coronavirus infections, which has also been advised for prevention of ILI.
- One doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for three days, could be beneficial. The dose should be repeated after one month by following the same schedule incase Corona virus infections prevail in the community.
- As per the Unani Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested.
- Prepare decoction by boiling Behidana (Cydonia Oblonga) 3gm, Unnab Zizyphus (Jujube Linn) 5nos, Sapistan (Cordia Myxa Linn) 7nos in 1 litre water until it reduces to half. Store it in a bottle and take sips as and when required.
- For prophylactic measures immune system need to be strengthen for this purpose Khamira Marwareed 3-5 gm once a day may be taken.
(This advocacy is for information only and shall be preferably adopted in consultation with registered Ayurveda, Homoeopathy and Unani practitioner.)