China reported an anthrax pneumonia patient on Monday from northern Hebei province’s Chengde city, this patient had reportedly had a contact history with cattle and products that come from these animals.
The state-run Global Times reported, quoting the Beijing centre for disease control and prevention (Beijing CDC) that patient was transported to Beijing by an ambulance four days ago after showing symptoms and the person was quarantined later and was put under treatment.
Anthrax is prevalent among cattle and sheep; however human beings usually get infected after coming in contact with sick animals or contaminated products. The Beijing CDC said, that the most common way of infection is 95% of reported cases – are caused by skin contact which led to blisters and skin necrosis.
Moreover, when the patient inhales dust containing bacillus anthracis and gets infected is the most dangerous infection which is known as anthrax pneumonia. People can get intestinal anthrax after eating contaminated food, usually meat, and will develop symptoms like nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
This infection can be easily transmitted directly between human beings but it is not as communicable as flu or Covid-19. According to report, Bacillus anthracis is a bacterium and multiple antibiotics are effective for treatment.
Meanwhile, since Sunday, Beijing has increased the measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus cases by virtually banning people from travelling to the Chinese capital from provinces with Covid-19 cases in the country. Beijing to strengthen the management of people returning from regions with relatively high virus transmission rates has rolled out effective measures, including imposing restrictions on their purchase of railway tickets and air services.
According to Johns Hopkins University, the coronavirus has claimed 4,848 lives so far, along with 105,904 confirmed infections, in China.