We have been listening since our childhood that eating green vegetables and green food would be beneficial for our overall health which is completely true because green food contains most of the daily needed nutritions. Now according to some studies and research, it is believed that eating green can do wonders for the strength of our muscles.
It is important to keep our muscles healthy and strong and in order to do that, we should include green or leafy food in our diet which gives strength to our muscles and protects them from easy fractures or injuries. These green and leafy foods should be rich in nitrite and nitrate can be found in spinach and kale. Nitrate boosts muscle functions and our body converts nitrate into nitric oxide which helps in opening up our blood vessels and improves blood flow and exercise performance.
When we do exercises, it is necessary that we get proper amounts of oxygen in our body because only the proper amount of oxygen flow can allow our muscles to perform more optimally that can ultimately help in increasing the strength of our muscles.
The study suggested that:
- Consistently eating leafy greens can support muscle work, which could help forestall falls and breaks.
- The body changes over nitrates into nitric oxide, which can open up the veins, improving bloodstream and exercise execution.
- The study found that people who eat leafy green have 11 percent stronger lower limbs than people who don’t.
Apart from strengthening our muscles, leafy green foods have more benefits to our body functions:
- Green vegetables give us a bonanza of vitamins, nutrients and phytonutrients. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber, folate, vitamin K, magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium. These green vegetables are really helpful and beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight because they had the least amount of calories.
- Many studies so far have shown that having one serving of green food daily on your plate prevents your body from various diseases and it is also associated with slower age-related cognitive decline.
- Leafy green vegetables contain vitamin K which gives us many health benefits such as it lowers the risk of having diabetes, it may protect us from inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, Protects bones from osteoporosis, and Regulates blood clotting.
Dr. Harminder Kaur, a dietician states that “it is really difficult for people these days to add green vegetables in their diet. But, one needs to remove unhealthy junk foods. In order to be healthy and boost immunity, people need to have a healthy diet in their routine. One needs to eat more leafy green vegetables. It is not necessary that you should eat them as your vegetable or have the juice of it but actually, you can add them in your shakes or smoothies or in your sandwiches also”.