Boy Swallows 54 Magnetic Balls To See If He Turns ‘Magnetic’, Undergoes Life Saving Surgery

He swallowed the first batch on January 1 and the second batch on January 4. Just four days later, Rhiley realized that he was unable to pass the magnetic balls and told his mother, Paige Ward, that he had swallowed them by accident

A 12-year-old boy from the UK nearly died after swallowing magnetic balls to see if he could become magnetic, the picture is going viral on the internet.

According to reports, Rhiley Morrison had to undergo a 6-hour life-saving surgery after having ingested as many as 54 magnetic balls to see if he could get metal to stick to his stomach.

He swallowed the first batch on January 1 and the second batch on January 4. Just four days later, Rhiley realized that he was unable to pass the magnetic balls and told his mother, Paige Ward, that he had swallowed them by accident.

Paige took Rhiley to a hospital where doctors did an X-ray on the 12-year-old and found some shocking results. The scan revealed that the small magnetic balls were lodged in Rhiley’s stomach and bowel.

Fearing the magnets could burn through the boy’s tissue or vital organs, the doctors decided to perform emergency surgery. It took more than 6 hours to remove all the magnets from the 12-year-old’s stomach.

“I was gobsmacked, just speechless when I heard the number he’d swallowed. The doctors guessed around 25-30 from the x-ray, but when he came out of surgery they said they got 54. I think what made it harder is that I just didn’t understand how or why he would swallow that many,” said the mother after the life-saving surgery.

Facebook Comments