Winter is the coldest season of the year and therefore the worst time for skin. The situation gets worse for those who suffer from dryness. During winter, the cold air steals moisture from the skin. As a result, skin gets dry, itchy and irritable.
In such situations, most of us get confused about how to maintain our smooth skin. According to experts, impairment and fragility of the skin barrier is the most common thing.
If you are also in dilemma, here we are going to tell you some easy tips.
Here are some tips shared by Sujata Pawar, Co-founder & CEO at Avni
– The first thing one needs to keep in mind is to make sure not to dry out the natural moisture of the skin by taking a long bath with hot water.
– A practice that works well for me is a full body massage with coconut or olive oil before taking the bath.
– This is followed by an application of a moisturizer after the bath.
– It is essential to apply the moisturizer while the skin is wet for the moisture to get locked in for a long time.
– Keeping hydrated and consuming foods rich in good fats (like ghee) is a practice followed traditionally in India.