Nature has gifted us with tremendous medicinal plants, and Amla is one such important medicinal herb in Ayurveda and Unani systems of medicine which is highly nutritious and is one of the richest sources of vitamin-C, amino acids, and minerals.
Amla fruit is more quickly assimilated into the body than the synthetic vitamin and it has 30 times more vitamin C than an orange, making it one of the richest vitamin C fruits.
Amla, due to its strong antioxidant properties, prevents innumerable health disorders. It is used to enhance digestion, treat constipation, reduce fever, purify the blood, reduce cough, benefit the eyes, stimulate hair growth, and strengthen the heart.
Here are five reasons to add Amla to your daily life:
- Common cold- Vitamin C in Amla can reduce the severity of colds, acting as a natural antihistamine, and boosting your immune system. Amla can help prevent free radicals, and reduce inflammations caused by various conditions.
- Improves eyesight- Daily consumption of Amla improves eyes health as it can reduce cataract problems, as well as prevent reddening, itching, and watering of eyes.
- Builds immunity- Amla acts as a natural antihistamine and boosts the immune system. It is known to fight a significant number of health problems and reducing the impact of various health problems such and cancer and heart-related ailments.
- Improves skin- Drinking amla juice with honey every morning strengthens the digestive system. Amla has high fiber content, and is excellent for the digestive system. Amla also contains anti-inflammatory properties, prevents indigestion, and controls acidity.
- Benefits for Hair- Amla fruit has been said to be useful in curing dandruff, hair loss, strengthening the hair follicles, and increases blood circulation to the scalp.
- Manage blood sugar level– Consuming Amla juice or raw amla every morning helps keep the blood pressure level under control. Amla helps stimulate insulin production, and reduce the blood glucose level for diabetic patients.
Amla can also be helpful in relieving stress. Amla fruit acts as a sedative, which improves sleep, relaxes muscles, and can have a calm, soothing effect. Other benefits of eating and ingesting amla fruit include regulating bowel movements, preventing cataracts in diabetic patients.