Coffee is more than just a beverage or a hot morning drink for most adults. It is like the fuel that keeps our body’s battery charged up.
A strong cup of coffee can charge up your whole day and if the coffee lovers don’t begin their day without drinking a cup of black coffee then it may affect their whole day. But do you know what kind of impact does it cast on your body and health?
Over-dosing on coffee can be one of the most-common and silliest things that people do which can affect their body in the long run.
But everything that we consume is bound to affect our bodies and health physically and mentally, which is why it is important to watch over whatever we eat or drink.
While you also need to consider watching your black coffee consumption on everyday basis, along with every portion of all caffeinated beverages, you also need to understand that black coffee does come with its set of health benefits and side effects.
According to Dr. Rimmi Verma, Ortho, and Sports Physiotherapist (Gold Medallist), Sujok Therapist at AXIS Hospital, Coffee is a drink made from roasted coffee beans. Mainly 2 species of coffee plants are consumed, namely, Coffea Arabica and Coffea Robusta. As many more people are becoming health conscious, the trend of black coffee is increasing as well. Black Coffee is coffee without milk/sugar or cream so the calorie content in the low making is an ideal drink.
Well, let’s discuss the benefits and side effects of drinking black coffee:
Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- It is not only the largest source of antioxidants, but it also has Vit B2, B3, B5, manganese, magnesium, and potassium. It is called a fat-burning beverage since it boosts metabolism by 50% so best taken 30 mins before hitting the gym.
- Having 1-2 cups of black coffee every day reduces the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
- It also reduces the risk of having Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Gum diseases, several forms of cancers (Breast, Colon, rectal, liver, etc).
- Black coffee reduces Alzheimer’s disease by 30%.
- It suppresses hunger and reduces water content in the body leading to temporary weight loss.
- Black coffee also decreases the level of harmful liver enzymes in the blood leading to improved liver health.
ALSO READ | Black coffee the secret of aging gracefully
Side Effects Of Drinking Too Much Black Coffee
Everything in excess is bad.
- Too much black coffee leads to increased nervousness due to the release of stress hormones in high levels in the body and disturbs sleep patterns especially if taken before bedtime.
- Since it is rich in caffeine and acid it also leads to acidity, cramps, and abdominal spasm.
- So Black coffee has overloads of benefits than the side effects but it should be taken in moderation.
Studies indicate that 400mg of caffeine consumption daily is safe which is equivalent to 3-4 cups of black coffee daily.