Water is essential for our body and a lot of health related problems can be fixed by merely drinking a good amount of water. However, the temperature of the water is critical as well. Both modern and ancient science says that drinking hot water early in the morning can have many health benefits.
Here we are going to tell you some health benefits of drinking a glass of hot water right after waking up in the morning.
1. Relieves nasal congestion: As we have mucous membranes throughout our neck and upper torso, drinking a glass of hot water can help warm that area and soothe a sore throat caused by mucous buildup.
2. Aids digestion: It activates your digestive tract. Water is the lubricant that helps in digestion. Hot water can also dissolve and dissipate things you’ve eaten that your body might have had trouble digesting.
3. Calms central nervous system: It lubricates your body and calms your central nervous system. A person who has arthritis might get an extra benefit from using hot water — to calm their central nervous system.
4. Helps relieve constipation: Hot water helps our intestines to contract and when this happens all the old waste trapped in your intestines is able to pass out of your body. Drinking hot water regularly helps keep you, well, regular. But drinking it occasionally when you’re constipated isn’t a bad idea, either.
5. Keeps you hydrated: Starting your day with a glass of hot water can be more helpful if you finish your day with another. This will get you much closer to being adequately hydrated.
6. May help in weight loss: Drinking a glass of hot water wakes your body’s temperature control system up. As your body compensates for the warm temperature of the water, it brings your internal temperature down, and activates your metabolism.